Sunday, September 21, 2008

Kenilworth Park, Corner of Overlook and Kenilworth, Cleve. Hts.




Here's a few things about Kenilworth you need to know right off the bat. It's literally one block away from the famous Turtle Park, so I don't think it gets a lot of play. There are only two toddler swings. There aren't often shared toys left in the sand pit like at Turtle. Even so, I think Kenilworth has benefits.
What's good: there's a couple benches to sit on. There is shade, which is nice. The climber has big and small slides, and a twisty slide (of course). It's fenced in on the street side, and parking is ample and immediately adjacent.
What's not great: two toddler swings only, as previously noted. I mention this twice because I have three kids who like to swing, and taking turns is not often their forte. I haven't noticed a ton of kids there, meaning, we're often there alone. Having your own private playground is okay once in a while, but my kids are social animals. No water fountain. I also don't like that adults use the path nearby as a cut-through to their apartments on Overlook. I realize they have an easement, but it still freaks me out a little.
Grade: B

No comments: